5 Quotes to Inspire Success
Challenges come our way on a daily basis, and we have to find ways to overcome them and keep our spirits high. One way to stay focused and keep moving forward is to reflect on the quotes of those who went before us, fought the same battles we face and give us something to aspire to. Here are five brilliant quotes gathered by Inc.:
- Oprah Winfrey said, “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” The world is on a first name basis with Oprah - a talk show host, philanthropist, actress, and producer. She sees breath as an anchor and a way of centering ourselves. She advises people to take time to care for themselves as we are not built go without stopping.
- “I’ve never been afraid to fail,” are the words of Michael Jordan. A former NBA basketball player for the Chicago Bulls and Washington Wizards, Jordan is chairman and principal owner of the Charlotte Hornets and an entrepreneur. He often tells of the 9,000 shots he missed and 300 games he lost, and credits his success to his ability to fail and the willingness to take chances.
- “I say luck is when an opportunity comes along and you’re prepared for it,” Denzel Washington said. The film director, producer and actor has been praised for his work since the 90’s and continues to impress film goers. Luck, according to him, is where opportunity and preparation intersect.
- Queen Latifah, aka Dana Owens, said, “Dreams become reality when we put our minds to it.” Owens is a songwriter, singer, rapper, actress, model, comedian and television producer. She often speaks about creating opportunities rather than waiting for them. Small business owners face many challenges, and it is up to them to see the opportunities they present and to seize them.
- Michelle Obama said, “Choose people who lift you up” is advice she gives to her daughter about dating. The same can be said about business partners. It is important to find people who are have the skills you lack, and who are able add a different perspective.