Ways to Grow Your Facebook Following
According to Facebook estimates, over 30 million small businesses have pages on the social media platform. It can be difficult for business owners and marketers to ensure that their pages get noticed by Facebook users. Here are 11 tips, from Entrepreneur, for building a Facebook following that leads to conversions:
- Make your business page on Facebook a home. Create a custom web address for your page, making it easy for people to find. Promote the page on all of your other social media pages including Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn. Print it on marketing material like business cards and flyers. Let your customers know that you have a presence on Facebook and encourage them to connect with you there.
- Analyze your advertising. Use the Adverts Create Tool in the admin section of your Facebook page to manage multiple campaigns within your budget. Keeping track of the results of your campaigns is easy, as Facebook quantifies customer responses. Determine what works best for your business by analyzing the responses to various methods.
- Use Facebook Graph search. This feature allows you to learn more about your Facebook fans by looking at the other pages they like. You can then access other people who are likely to be interested in your Facebook page.
- Use the Facebook “Like” button. It is easy to include it on your website. Facebook gets 864 million people logging on every day, and the likelihood that visitors to your website are Facebook users is high. Place the button on your website to make it easy for visitors to connect with you on Facebook and see your updates.
- Connect your social media accounts. Integrate your accounts so that images posted to your Instagram account are automatically shared on your Twitter page. Link your Facebook page to Twitter so your Facebook updates are tweeted to your Twitter followers. This can save you time and effort, and helps to promote your other social media channels.
- Provide incentives. Find ways to keep your customers connected with your Facebook page. Offer discounts, specials and giveaways exclusively through your Facebook page to drive traffic there regularly.
- Team up. Partner with complementary businesses and strengthen your offerings to increase your reach. Cross promote products and services. Develop mutually beneficial relationships with other business to offer customers more value and increase conversions.
- Create an app. Over 19 million people use mobile devices to access Facebook. Developing your own app can make it easier for people to connect with your business when using mobile devices.
- Engage your fans. Unlike Instagram and Twitter, you are not limited to a certain number of characters or images. Facebook offers greater flexibility for discussions with fans. Ask questions, post polls and encourage conversations. Interesting posts on Facebook can increase word-of-mouth advertising and drive more traffic to your business page.
- Post great content. Become a credible source of information by sharing industry-specific facts and articles. Sharing valuable content with your fans will increase your authority and make you the go-to business for related needs.
- Link to personal profiles. Share posts from your business page to your personal page. Encourage employees to link the business page to their profiles in the Work and Education section. This can attract likes and increase the traffic to your Facebook page.